Test What You Learned: Career Development
Read each question carefully and click on one question mark in front of the right answer.
Good career planning is NOT about __________, but rather discovering what I like and am good at.
- my problems
- work skills
Good career planning involves which of the following?
- being in real job settings
- getting trained in a sheltered workshop
When you observe people as they do their jobs, you are:
- Job Shadowing
Hiring often depends on how you present yourself. For an interview, you should:
- dress appropriately.
- avoid eye contact.
- be willing to challenge the interviewer.
- tell a lot of jokes.
Which of the following is true of appearance when going to an interview?
- Wearing a wild outfit will usually help because you will be remembered.
- If a person wears jewelry it should be flashy.
- If using a wheelchair or some other device, be sure it is clean and in good repair.
- A strong aftershave or perfume helps.
A good resumé should include:
- the salary you want.
- your disability label.
- your career objective.
What is career development?
- Making lots of money.
- Activities where you learn career and job seeking skills to get a good job.
- What happens when you leave school.
What is self-confidence?
- Not having to listen to others.
- Acting in charge.
- Being the boss of people.
- Being sure of yourself and feeling good about how you look and feel.